Delays and Closings
WEST NOBLE SCHOOL CORPORATION
SCHOOL DELAYS AND CLOSINGS
When conditions are such that cancellation or delay of the school day becomes necessary, listen for information on one of these Medias.
The media for announcements includes:
● 2-hr delay – If a 2-hour delay is necessary, the school day will start 2 hours later and dismiss at the regularly scheduled time.
● 3-hr delay – If a 3-hour delay is necessary, the school day will be lengthened by 1 hour.
- Use this for districtwide messages like delays and cancellations
- District wide phone messages
- District wide emails
- District wide text messages (only if the parents have opted in)
- Individual buildings use it to communicate with parents about happenings at their building
- Principals can send out all school communications
- Teachers can send messaged to the parents of students they currently have in class
- Food Service, Attendance, Transportation offices use it to make automatic calls for absences, low lunch accounts, and late buses
To sign up for SCHOOLMESSENGER - You can participate by sending a text message of "Y" or "Yes" to
our school's short code number, 67587
VIRTUAL LEARNING/FLEX DAY INFORMATION
West Noble School Corporation will have more face-to-face virtual learning during days when we are
closed for bad weather. Click for detailed information Virtual Learning / Flex Days
Who makes the decision about delays or closings? The superintendent has final responsibility for school delays and closings. The decision will be based upon information provided by school officials who will monitor weather and road conditions in various geographic areas of the school district. Weather conditions and road conditions will be observed beginning as early as 4 AM each school day in order to make the best possible decisions regarding student safety. It is extremely important that working parents for pre-arranged childcare available to them in case of school delays and closings. Also, on the rare occasion that school is dismissed early due to weather conditions.